Wednesday, June 12, 2013

DIY Welding Helmet Auto-Darkening ADF700S fix

Welding Helmet Auto Darkening ADF700S
4/9-13  1/3/3  EN379
ANSI Z87.1




Welding is just a hobby of mine, in my free time I play around with my welding machine, I hardly use my helmet, I event kept it in the box along with the manuals, my welding helmet is about 4 years old. Last week when i was about to use it to weld some stuff, the auto-darkening is acting strange, it flickers, gets delayed until it wouldn't work anymore, I even left it under the sun to charge the battery, still no luck... :(


So heres how I fixed my auto-darkening lens.


1st, remove the lens from the helmet.

 Pull the dials out...

Then use a cutting blade.






take your time, dont rush slicing the case.
Next is u remove the batteries.






Be careful when removing the batteries, other components are very close to each other, what i did is i removed the tap weld from the battery 1st before i unsolder the thin sheet metal from the board. After removing the battery, I tested it and battery is dead, no juice at all.

Next, i took some battery casing from old comp motherboard and use that, so that in the future when the battery drains out, it will be quick and easy to replace it.

REMINDER.... dont forget to mark the positive and negative when u replace the battery and try to solder clean as possible, dont put to much lead and make sure when u solder a battery casing to the board, make sure the pins doesnt touch the other side of the board, coz it will get in contact with the solar panel and ur auto-dark lens will not function properly.


Last pic.


Hope this help u guys....




2 comments:

  1. Best welding helmet reviews 2015. Complete Comparison Chart and Buying Guide for best cheap auto darkening welding helmet. Read More Here

    ReplyDelete